Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pinterest: Useful in Procrastination and Inspirtation

For those of you who really know me, you know that my obsession with Pinterest is a small problem. Okay, maybe a slightly larger than small, but I love it and it is amazing for so many reasons. While it does keep me from writing (unfortunate, I know), it also inspires me to keep writing. Sounds contradictory, but it's true. 

For those who live in a cave and don't know what Pinterest is, it is this amazing social networking site where users can "pin" things (whatever your little heart desires) onto one's own virtual pin board with different themes (weddings, books, movies, beauty, etc.) Please go check out my Pinterest account for more details and to see what it exactly looks like. 

CHECK IT YO YO

Anyway, I use Pinterest not only for my personal use (makeup ideas, wardrobe ideas, crafts, etc.), but also to find inspiration for my series. My specific board for the Forget Me Not Trilogy, is HERE and is where I can pin things that remind me of certain characters or just encourage me to keep writing. There are other authors who use Pinterest for this same reason and I LOVE to follow them. For me, it's like looking into an author's head and seeing what images and quotes inspire them to write their own stories. 

So, maybe that's why I pin for my own series. To give readers a chance to see what goes through my head while I write. 

Yes, Pinterest can be both a blessing and a burden. I can easily spend countless hours pinning and not write one word. But then there is a special moment where I'll read one simple pin and suddenly, inspiration comes and I'll spend hours writing. For now, I won't stop using Pinterest. It's a wonderful site and one I have dedicated lots of time (too much. Lord knows it.), but I have also gained a different sort of muse for writing. And that's a trade I'm willing to make. 

Please go follow me on Pinterest and check out the Forget Me Not Trilogy board. 

Also, I will be participating in the Blogger Book Fair this month! I will be hosting some fabulous ladies and hosting a giveaway. Please go check out more info HERE!

See you all next time! Have a fabulous day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment