Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Wait is Long, but Good Things Are Coming

Once again my lovely readers, I must apologize such a long hiatus. Senior year of college is no joke and I haven't even had the time to return to Great Falls to finish the story that has been six years in the making. However, I have good news. I have returned to writing and will hopefully have a third book ready to be released by the end of this year! (fingers crossed)

Book Three in the Forget Me Not Trilogy will be the final installment of this series. This lovely book is still in the writing process and has yet to be given a title that I can love. However, once a title has been decided, you all will be the first to know. 

I also promise to continue this blog (scout's honor!) and keep you all updated as much as I can on the writing process of this new book baby of mine. (Without giving you all any spoilers of course!!) 

While book three is still in the writing process, I'm constantly asked the same questions over and over by readers and friends. And I think many of you have the same sort of questions.

Do you know how the story will end? What will happen to Adeline and Cole? Will any other characters die in this book?

I usually am asked this when I least expect it and feel as if I have to give a very quick answer. Of course, I would love to give these questions the answers they deserve. However, I also cannot answer these questions straightforward like some people wish. Because if I were to divulge all the answers to these questions, well then there would be no need for a novel. And no one would like that (especially my publisher). 

Yet, I will give some very vague, authory (just totally made that word up) answer to these questions. I think I owe you all at least that.

If I am completely honest, I do not know the exact ending for this third book. I have a rough outline that forms and creates itself as I write. With the previous two books I have written, I always kept an ongoing outline that changed as the story did. I love my writing to be organic - too much planning ruins the story for me. So, to answer the first question, I have to say yes and no. I do know the general ending, yet the details and specifics are still up in the air. 

As to the second question regarding Adeline and Cole, well there will obviously be new issues and problems that will arise. They will each face new challenges together and separately. Yes, there will be some distance for these two. (Don't panic! It will be okay!) Which takes me to my next surprise. There is the possibility of a point of view change. You will not be privy to only Adeline's thoughts in this book. ("Who?!" You ask? I suppose you will have to wait and see.)

As for the third question regarding any future character deaths....my lips are sealed. But yes, someone else may die. 

I hope you all continue to stick with me as I go through this journey of finishing a series so close to my heart. Thank you for those who love these characters as much as I do. I hope and pray to give them a final book that is worthy of their story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment