Friday, July 18, 2014

Study Abroad is Over, but the Journey Continues!


Once again, I must apologize for the lateness of this blog post, but so much has happened in the past few days. I went on a private tour of the Louvre, visited Claude Monet's home in Giverny, and shopped used books along the Seine. My favorite part of the last few days has to be visiting the Orangerie museum where I actually saw Claude Monet's water lily paintings. Then I went to his home and his gardens where I saw the inspiration behind the paintings. Very cool!

Claude Monet's gardens! 

Yesterday was my final day for my study abroad. While I am sad to see my professors and fellow students/friends leave, I was super excited to have my mom come to France! She flew in this morning and today we spent the day meandering around Paris, took a river cruise along the Seine, and ate at a local cafe. It was a good, but exhausting day! We plan to traverse and discover more of Paris in the next few days - even plan on going to Versailles for a day trip. Then we head over to London for the last few days! While I am so pumped to continue this European adventure - especially with my Mom - I am also excited to come home to the States and more importantly Darcy. I miss that little puppy dog! 

Mama T and I take Europe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment