Sunday, July 13, 2014

Waffles, Chocolate, and Books!

The past few days have been a whirlwind. Two days ago, I was in Brussels, Belgium and today I went to the William Shakespeare and Company book store. I've bought a new book, lots of Belgian chocolate, and get to experience Bastille day in Paris tomorrow. I'm so incredibly blessed to be living this dream. Yet, I must admit that my feet and the rest of me are very tired. I'm trying to stay strong and push through, but sometimes you need to rest. Right now, I am sitting in my hotel room, the window open, and enjoying some Belgium chocolate. It's the simple things in the life that make it great. 

Well to recap, two days ago I went to Brussels, Belgium. It was a cold, rainy day, but the city was beautiful. The architecture in the buildings are intricate and amazing. They also make delicious waffles in Belgium. I could have eaten twenty, but I thought that'd be excessive. While in Belgium, we toured the European Parliament there. Like the tours before in Strasbourg, it was very informative and intriguing. It was great to learn how the different countries in Europe work together and strive to form a unity among the different peoples and cultures - even if they are so unique and different! 



Yesterday, we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower! So. Gorgeous. Although I started freaking out half way to the top (we took the stairs all the way - 669 steps) because we were so high, the view was definitely worth it. It was breathtaking to see all of Paris from all sides! Later that day, we went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe where we could see right down the Champs-Élysées. 

Today, we went to mass at the Notre Dame which was such an incredible experience. To sit in such an iconic and historical place while experiencing such a beautiful ceremony was an experience I will never forget. After church, we were able to find the William Shakespeare Company Bookstore. Oh. My. Gosh. I could literally live there. It was the most beautiful and amazing bookstore I have ever seen. I bought a tote bag and a book - I could have bought twenty, but once again I thought that would be excessive. Later tonight, we plan to watch the World Cup in a restaurant near our hotel. It's been amazing to be in Paris - to walk where Hemingway walked and to casually drink coffee in an outdoor cafe. I am truly blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment